If I had a dollar for every time I’ve heard “Just have a positive mindset & everything will fall into place!” If only it were that simple, right? Going from a negative to a positive mindset is about so much more than just replacing those thoughts. When it comes to the fear of selling, Ashley knows you have to let go of the scarcity mindset, but it’s not a switch you can turn on or off. Today we’re going to dive into our mindsets like we never have before. If you're ready to get those dream sales & take your business to the next level, these are the actions you need to take to do that!
In today’s episode, Ashley goes into detail about what it means to have a mindset of abundance & the actions we need to take to get there. What’s always missing from the positive mindset pep talks is how to deal with the negative thoughts when they creep in (because they will.) Ashley talks about where these beliefs come from & then shows you how to use those negative thoughts as data for what’s going on inside your mind so you can finally make real changes to your mindset & life.
The key takeaways from this episode:
- Mindset isn’t just about trying to replace your thoughts. Telling ourselves to change doesn’t help us unpack the habits that reinforce the behavior itself.
- Our mindset consists of unconscious beliefs instilled in us as children. We have to be able to first recognize that these are beliefs and not truths if we want to change them. It’s the only way to go from a scarcity mindset to an abundance one.
- Where is that belief coming from? Do a “Thought Download”
Take out a piece of paper and start writing out those thoughts coming to you and what you're telling yourself in those moments.
- Within the language you're telling yourself there’s something that’s become a part of the blueprint for your beliefs which you’ve come to see as truths. The things you tell yourself are optional to believe or not to believe.
- Meditation allows you to get out of your body and feel the emotions of how it would feel to have your mindset in the place you want it even before you're there.
- Everything in your external world starts in your internal world. The more you practice being in that space you want to be in, the faster you get there.
Screenshot this episode and share it to your IG story- don’t forget to tag me @theashleyshaw