In this episode, Melissa Maloney shares how energy management is the key to productivity. You can't be intentionally productive without managing these energy systems and that's why this episode is a MUST-LISTEN, especially if you're working from home! Melissa mentioned how serving, giving people what they wanted and taking ownership is what it takes to be successful.
The key takeaways from this episode:
- What are energy systems and how, if they're served right, people will actually be engaged in the workplace. The energy systems are physical energy, mental energy, emotional energy, and spiritual energy.
- Physical energy is having the opportunity to physically move throughout your day.
- Emotional energy revolves around the trust you have in the workplace and with your boss.
- Mental energy is the ability to prioritize tasks and have the time to focus on the things that are most important.
- Spiritual energy is the connection to the mission and purpose and understanding the value of what you do.
- Once we maximize our energy levels and put ourselves in a position to have energy to give, then we can start to prioritize the things that are most important. Instead of time blocking, energy block.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | RSS